03 Mar 2023
NSW SCHOOL VACCINATION PROGRAM
Each year NSW Health works in partnership with schools to offer the vaccines recommended by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) for adolescents as part of the school vaccination program.
In 2023 the following vaccines will be offered:
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine as a single dose - Tuesday 14th March 2023 (Term 1)
- dTpa vaccine (Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis (whooping cough)) as a single dose. - Tuesday 14th November 2023 (Term 4).
Students will be offered any missed doses at each subsequent immunisation clinic through the year. They do not need to go to their GP because of absence from one school immunisation clinic.
Parent Electronic consent
The online consent is accessed via the link; https://nswhealth.service-now.com/school .
On the webpage there is information about the vaccinations as well as the consent form.
This form must be completed by a parent or legal guardian, not the student. Both parent/guardian and the student must have a Medicare number to be able to use the online consent. Online consent needs to be completed by Friday 10th March 2023.
To consent to the vaccination of their child, parents/guardians are advised to;
- Log on via the link provided.
- Complete the consent form, including signing their name next to the vaccine(s) they would like their child to receive.
- Discuss the vaccination with their child
- Ensure that their child eats breakfast on the day of the school vaccination clinics.
- Student with an influenza-like symptoms must not attend school and should be tested for Covid-19 as soon as possible.
Parents/guardians who later wish to change and withdraw their consent for any reason may do so using the same electronic consent up to 24 hours prior to the clinic. Later withdrawal of consent is done by writing, emailing or phoning the school Immunisation Coordinator or Principal.
The Procedure for Withdrawal of Consent is available on the NSW Health website at www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation.