Freshwater Senior Campus is a senior school within our campus. With our shared curriculum, year 11 and 12 students at Freshwater can study subjects at any of the 5 campuses.
Senior Curriculum Study in Year 11 and 12
The Northern Beaches Secondary College (NBSC) offers a full range of study areas in the senior years, matching individual abilities, interests and goals. NBSC has enrolments in Years 11 and 12 at all campuses. A full range of Board Developed Courses (BDCs), VET Frameworks, Board Endorsed Courses (BECs) and Extension courses are offered.
Choosing courses for senior studies
An integral part of the Northern Beaches Secondary College (NBSC) is the sharing of senior curriculum (courses) across the five campuses:
* Students can tailor an individual senior curriculum which suits their particular needs
* Students can access more than 100 HSC courses across five campuses
* College bus provides transport between campuses
* Students can access TAFE, including courses onsite at the Freshwater Senior Campus
These courses are referred to as cross campus courses.
In assisting students to select appropriate course for senior studies, the NBSC produces The Senior Studies Guide. The guide contains:
* Details of Higher School Certificate (HSC) requirements
* List of courses offered
* Description of all subjects on offer
* Career Planning Guide
Offers suggestions on subject combinations compatible with broad career areas and pathways.
Senior Studies Guide (pdf 2320 KB) 2015 - 2016 Senior Studies Guide including the Careers Planning Guide (8Mb)
Year 11: Preliminary Courses
The NBSC Year 11 Curriculum grid shows the subjects currently operating. Courses that can be accessed by students from other campuses are indicated in BOLD UPPER CASE.
Year 11 students must select a minimum of 12 units and may drop to 10 units in Year 12.
* Contact NBSC campus
* College Administration Centre on (02) 9939 6942